Friday, July 29, 2011

Gratitude

O.k. so I'm finding myself easily set off still.  I have got to let go of the tension and stop focusing on the little annoyances as if they were actually real problems.  It's easy to amplify things.

I'm greatful I have insurance.  

I'm grateful my department lets me park behined the building in our extra dept. spaces.  

I'm thankful I *can* still move around and am not stuck in a hospital.  

I'm greatful for my good friends and how helpful people are.  

I'm glad that yesterday when I thought I could go grocery shopping on my own some incredibly nice (and fairly attractive) guy literally saw me being frustrated and walked around the store with me pushing my cart so I could get a few things I needed.  That was incredibly nice.

I'm glad I can just stay home and rest this weekend.

I'm grateful that I can communicate with people effectivly over the internet and phone when I can't get to them.  I should skype with my parents and sister and show them my leg.

I'm grateful that I have really nice roommates, and especially Ben who has helped make my crutches more comfortable and brought something I left in the house, in a pants pocket in my room, out to me in the car yesterday.  Also for Jen and anyone else who has or will 
bring me water. . (I expect that will be one of the more frequent requests)

I'm grateful that the new dog seems to be working out well and that she's very sweet.  

I'm grateful that I got to see Captain America with Mike and Daniel.

I'm grateful that I got to spend tuesday night just relaxing with Eric and watching true blood after a nice meal cooked at my house.

I'm also grateful that it was easy and worked out well to watch stuff in the basement. . if my laptop and monitor can be carried down there.

I'm grateful that my body is strong and awesome and heals quickly.  They really did say 6 weeks. :)

I'm grateful that I met with a really nice and easy to talk to Dr. at Christy Clinic podiatry. 

I'm grateful for being able to play fun role playing games. . and that I have great people to play board games with. :)

I'm Grateful that I have a lunch that I can stay inside to eat. . avoiding bad weather and crutches.

I'm grateful that even though I know I didn't bring rain gear, it will all work out fine for my drive home.

I'm grateful that I get paid on next wed.  and that it's friday. . :)  and that this list is really making me smile.

I'm also grateful for all of my friends and family. . if you are reading this or even if you aren't. . Thank you Thank you thank you. . for. . really. . everything.  I'm sure you can think of things you've helped me with . . and I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers