Thursday, June 24, 2010

bit of dream and ongoing "alone" experiment

So in the dream I had this morning my hair was falling out.  I *think* that's a classic sign of something.

Also the cutting down on constant connections to people seems to be going o.k. as far as I can judge.  It's just occurred to me that maybe blogging about what I've been doing will help me focus more on the things I do by myself and appreciate them more.

Last night was pretty nice.  I cancelled my changeling game again for the, I think, 2nd time ever.  Colleen wasn't feeling well and another person was going to be really late while a third was rushing at the usual late speed.  I still chatted with Caryn for a while on skype and finally tested the multi video skype thing with Caryn and my sister.  The rest of the night was spent by myself and well.  I read more Imajica and finally filed all of the crap sitting on the wooden filing cabinet.  In fact pretty much everything is now in the metal black cabinet.  The wooden one has a little storage that I may or may not need.  I put my t.v. up on Craigslist last night as well and already have a response.  I'm asking for $15 when originally I was thinking $25 just because I wasn't sure how the market on craigslist was and I saw another t.v. without a dvd player being sold for $8.  I probably should have scanned for more T.V.s but oh well.  I literally only use the t.v. to put my computer monitor on sometimes. 

I did enjoy relaxing on my own last night.  It's funny that the only time I'm ever really without constant connections to people is when I'm on vacation or visiting friends or camping.  So it felt like vacation a little bit.  Tonight I need to get my camping stuff ready, and maybe if the T.V. gets picked up I'll sell more things soon.  Maybe I'll take a walk or do something else just for me.  

Also I think people don't completely understand why I'm trying to make myself (at least for now) less connected to people.  That's o.k.  Some of their suggestions are still useful.  It probably wouldn't hurt if I made more time, more evenings at least, that were just for me and not connected to anyone else.  Also maybe I'll try and cut back on other regularly scheduled activities to make it more likely this thing happens :)  I also need to worry less about the expectations of others and their feelings in general. (not that I don't care at all. . just not to base my decisions on "what others think" as much).  It's one of those things that I hold as an ideal but do not ad hear to as much as I want. :)

Anyway, less sitting on IMs at work probably means more blogging. . but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers